The crossover is a pretty basic move in basketball, but developing a good crossover is a different story. Your crossover needs to be low to the ground and lightning quick. This basketball dribbling drill will help you work on this.
This tennis ball basketball dribbling drill will help you develop your crossover while working on keeping your head up and your focus on something other than dribbling the basketball. This will translate into being able to survey the court while dribbling the basketball during games.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: basketball and tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Crossovers Basketball Dribbling Drill
- All Crossovers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your crossover dribble and develop your overall handles.
- Sell your crossover move.
- Keep your eyes up and push yourself to go as fast as you can.
- There are two variations to this basketball drill, depending on the skill level of the player.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin with your feet spread and in a low dribble position.
- Hold a tennis ball in one hand and dribble the basketball with the other hand.
- Toss the tennis ball up in the air, make a crossover dribble move, and then catch the tennis ball with the hand that just had the basketball in it.
- Take one dribble with the basketball, and then repeat the action.
- More advanced players can do the drill without any stationary dribbles in between.
- That means continuous crossovers the whole time while also tossing the tennis ball in the air from hand to hand.