If you are a big man or have a big man that needs to work on their footwork, the crossover steps line basketball footwork drill is an excellent tool. This basketball workout will help you learn to be light on your feet and will help improve your coordination because you have to rotate the basketball around your waist at the same time. Not only is this basketball footwork and agility drill good for big men but also guards that struggle with their footwork when shooting, playing defense, etc. It teaches the player to be light and quick on their feet.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Crossover Steps Line Footwork Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Icky Shuffle Line Footwork Basketball Drill
- Lateral Cone Steps Basketball Drill
- Single-Leg Hops Line Footwork Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop quick light feet and work on your agility.
- Rotate the basketball around your waist as quickly as you can, and don’t be afraid to mess up.
- Stay light on your feet and focus on the proper footwork.
- Keep your eyes up while doing the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand with a basketball on the end line straddling the sideline with both of your feet.
- Step with your right foot across to the left side of the line and then step with your left foot over to the right side of the line; continue this pattern.
- As you do, you are going to wrap the basketball around your waist.
- Continue forward for the desired distance and then come back but this time do the footwork moving backward.