This is a great basketball dribbling drill to work on the crossover move, but it will also help you develop soft hands and a good touch with the basketball. As a ball-handler in basketball, you want to be able to change which hand is dribbling the basketball with ease. Most moves you use to get by a defender will require the ball to move back and forth between both hands.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Crossovers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- All Crossovers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Rhythm Dribble Crossovers Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling and hand speed.
- Don’t bend too far over, and try to bring the ball outside your knees on each crossover.
- Keep your eyes up and scan the floor while you are doing this basketball drill.
- Sell your move with your shoulders and push yourself to go as hard as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin in a low athletic stance.
- Dribble the ball back and forth between your hands in a crossover move.
- Alternate your speeds from slow to fast and go for 30-60 seconds.