This basketball rebounding drill is great for tracking down offensive rebounds and learning how to finish with people around you. Don’t just be satisfied with getting your hands on a board. Learn how to grab the board and then finish it. As a big man, it is important to keep the ball high after you rebound it because if you bring it down, then a guard can get in there and potentially strip it. This basketball drill will work on all of these areas and allow for a number of quality repetitions.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: David Thorpe Ball High Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- David Thorpe Shot Fake Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Kevin Love Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Learn how to track down offensive rebounds and finish with defenders around you.
- Learn to finish while keeping the ball high.
- Track down the ball and go get it at its highest point.
- Keep the ball high and finish quickly at the basket.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start at the free-throw line with the ball and throw it up off the backboard.
- Run and jump to rebound the ball at its highest point.
- Grab the ball and land but don’t bring the ball down.
- Keep your arms extended and finish quickly.
- Reset to the free-throw line each time and do about 8-12 reps.
- Mix up finishing on the right and left side of the rim.