This is a great basketball dribbling drill that you can use to help warm up to get ready for a workout/practice or to do on your own. The drill will really focus on combo moves and help develop quick hands when it comes to dribbling a basketball. As a ball-handler, you want to handle the basketball equally well with either hand, and this basketball drill will force you to make the same moves with each hand.
Drill Name: Double Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Double Between the Legs Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Double Between the Legs Rhythm Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In & Out Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on handling the basketball and making quick dribbling moves.
- Stay low and athletic the whole time, and keep your eyes up as you go.
- Get out of your comfort zone so that you are going so hard that sometimes you turn the ball over throughout the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start with the basketball in their right hand and in an athletic stance.
- When the drill starts, the player will dribble the basketball between their legs to their left hand, immediately dribble the ball back between their legs to their right hand (switch your feet so that you are always going through the front of your legs), and then cross the ball over.
- The player will repeat the same pattern starting with their left hand now.
- Continue this pattern for as long as desired.