Great offensive basketball teams move the ball and find each other for high percentage finishes and shots. However, sometimes plays break down, the clock is running low, or a player has a hot hand and is looking to get a shot off. At times like these, you need to be able to break down someone off of the dribble to get a quality look at the basket.
This double between the legs pull-up shot is going to sell that you are attacking hard to the basket to get the defender to shift their weight, and then as soon as they do, you are going to snap the ball back between your legs for an open shot. If mastered, this can be a challenging move to guard. This basketball training video will breakdown all of the different details of this move and then demonstrate exactly how to execute it.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: How to Do the Double Between the Legs Move in Basketball
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on creating space with the double between the legs move to get your shot off.
- Stay low and athletic and really sell that you are attacking with the first between the legs dribble.
- When you come back into your shot, stay balanced, and don’t allow yourself to fall backward.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start with the ball at the top of the key or on either wing.
- They will attack downhill and sell that they are attacking to the basket with a between the legs move.
- Instead of continuing forward with the attack, though, they will snap the ball back between their legs and lead themselves into their shot for a pull-up jump shot.