Stationary ball handling basketball drills are great because they can be done almost anywhere. They don’t take very much space, and all you need is a flat hard surface. This dribbling drill is a combination of different moves added together. It is really great for working on seamlessly transferring the basketball from hand to hand quickly. Use this basketball drill on your own at home or before a workout to help get warmed up and ready to go.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Double Between the Legs Rhythm Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Reverse Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Windshield Wiper Behind the Back Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In & Out Double Reverse Between the Legs Stationary Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and being able to dribble the basketball with either hand well.
- Stay in an athletic stance, and don’t raise up when you do the different moves.
- As you go through this basketball dribbling drill, really work on controlling the basketball and putting it where you want it to go.
- Get out of your comfort zone, and don’t be afraid to mess up.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start with the basketball in an athletic stance.
- Every move is going to be started with a double between the legs move scissor move.
- The pattern will be two crossovers, two behind the back, and then two reverse between the legs.
- You will continue this pattern for 30 seconds as quickly as you can.