Tennis ball basketball dribbling drills are designed to train your body to focus on something else while you are dribbling a basketball. In a game, you will not be able to look down and think about what move you are going to make next. You need to focus on the defense, running the offense, and finding an open teammate. This basketball dribbling drill will help you work on this while also working on a specific move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Double Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: basketball and tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Double Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- All Between the Legs Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Learn to dribble the basketball without looking down and practice the double between the legs move
- Really sell your move each time and focus on a good toss/catch.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Begin this basketball drill in a dribbling stance with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- Dribble the ball between both legs (figure 8 motion) while throwing the tennis ball in the air.
- Catch tennis ball with the same hand while the basketball will end up in the same hand it started in.
- Try to make the move with no dribbles in between the move, but stationary dribbles may be used if needed.
- Repeat the action for 30 seconds to a minute, and then switch hands.