The double crossover is a great move to shake an over-aggressive defender. By adding a tennis ball to the move, you are making it more difficult and really conditioning your body to do the move without having to think about it. This tennis ball basketball dribbling drill will make you more fluid at the double-cross and also give you the repetitions you need to develop your confidence in the move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Double Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: basketball and tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- All Crossovers Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Double Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Cross Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Keep your head up, toss the tennis ball straight up in the air, pound the basketball, stay low during the basketball drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand an in athletic position with a tennis ball in one hand and a basketball in the other hand.
- Cross the ball to the other hand and back while throwing the tennis ball in the air.
- Catch tennis ball with the same hand while the basketball will end up in the same hand it started in.
- Try to make the move with no dribbles between the move, but stationary dribbles may be used if needed.
- Repeat the action for 30 seconds to a minute, and then switch hands.