The double swing jump rope drill is a more advanced basketball jump rope drill, but it is great for improving your vertical and practicing getting off the ground as quickly as you can. As a big man, there will be times in a game when you need to jump to contest a shot and then immediately jump back up again to rebound the ball. This basketball workout is great for working on multiple jumps in a row.
Jump Rope Drill Overview
Drill Name: Double Swing Jump Rope Drill
Equipment Needed: Jump Rope
Similar Jump Rope Drills and Resources
- Max Vertical Jump Rope Drill
- High Knees Run Jump Rope Drill
- Change Direction Running Jump Rope Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop your fast-twitch muscles and your jumping quickness
- Jump high to give yourself more time to rotate the rope twice around.
- Get into a good rhythm.
Jump Rope Drill Instructions
- Begin jumping rope regularly off of two feet and then begin to jump higher and get two rotations of the jump rope every time you jump.
- Try to string as many double swings in a row.