Face the fire triple threat Euro step basketball drill will not only help you work on being strong in the triple threat, but it will also teach you to navigate the help defender. Many players can beat their primary defender, but when they get to the second line of help against a good defense, they are usually out of control, or they get stuck with the ball and are not sure what to do with it. For this basketball drill, you will work on ripping through, and then Euro stepping around the help defender that is set up to take a charge.
It is important that you can attack the basket under control so that you can make the correct move without picking up a charge or turning the ball over. So as you go through this basketball finishing drill, really force yourself to be explosive but under control the whole time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Face The Fire Triple Threat Euro Step Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and 2 partners, one with boxing gloves/pads (optional).
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Learn to face the pressure and then finish by the help defender with a Euro-step move.
- Be strong with the basketball as you are facing the defensive pressure in the triple threat position.
- Go somewhere with your rip through dribble.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time so that you can see the floor.
- Sell your Euro-step move and be under control.
- You can work on 3 different types of rip throughs with this drill; low, medium, or high.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will repeat the move from 3 different spots and in this order; wing, top of the key, opposite wing.
- They will start on the wing with their back to the basket, spin the ball out to themselves, and then face up to the basket using a reverse pivot.
- At this point, the partner with the boxing gloves/pads will start fouling the player and getting up into them.
- The player must maintain a triple threat position and be strong with the ball until the coach/partner says go.
- When this happens, the player will rip through to the basket, and as they do, a second defender/partner is going to step up, and the player must Euro step around them and finish.
- They will get their own shot and then move onto the next spot to repeat the move.
- The drill is completed for the player once they have finished all 3 spots.