Having good touch is such a big part of basketball because it is involved in so many aspects of the game; shooting, ball handling, finishing at the basket, etc. The figure 8 low dribble two ball basketball dribbling drill will help develop the player’s finger control and hand strength.
During this basketball dribbling drill, the player’s eyes must stay up to rely completely on touch and do not have to use your sight. This will also help them in-game situations where they cannot look down at the basketball while dribbling. This is a pretty simple basketball drill, but it is great because it can be done pretty much anywhere that there is a flat surface.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Figure “8” Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on touch and finger control.
- Keep back straight (not arched or bent over at the waist).
- Keep head up with eyes looking around the court.
- Basketballs should be dribbled around ankle level.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand with your legs spread and begin dribbling the basketballs simultaneously as low and as quick as you can.
- Dribble both basketballs in a figure 8 motion around your legs, one following the other.
- Go for about 30 seconds, dribble the basketballs in an alternating pattern, and repeat the figure 8 motion.