The figure 8 no dribble basketball drill is designed to help strengthen the player’s hands for dribbling and catching the basketball. Even though you would never use this move in a game, it is a great basketball drill for big men or guards to improve their hands. If you have a player that doesn’t catch the basketball well or is continually getting stripped, this is a great basketball dribbling drill to do.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Figure Eight No Dribble Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling and hand speed
- Keep your eyes up and go as fast as you can.
- Push through the fatigue.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with your feet spread laterally apart and with a basketball in your right hand.
- Take the basketball and hand it between your legs to your left hand.
- Now bring the ball back around in front, and then pass it between your legs again to your right hand.
- Continue this figure 8 pattern for 20-30 seconds, and then switch directions to go reverse between the legs for 20-30 seconds.