A player who can handle the basketball moving up and down the court without having to look down or worry about their dribble is going to make a big difference in running the offense, compared to a player who is constantly worried about losing the ball and is always looking down. The goal of this two-ball basketball dribbling drill is to help the player learn to dribble with their eyes up, handle a basketball with either hand, and also do a little conditioning.
To make basketball drills like this work, though, the player really needs to push themselves and challenge themselves to go their absolute hardest. This is where the most growth is going to happen. During basketball training, make sure that everyone is working their hardest and isn’t afraid to mess up.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Follow the Leader Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Two-Ball Attack Basketball Drill
- Follow the Leader Alternating Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Quick Feet Two Ball Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling, seeing the floor, and conditioning.
- The player needs to keep their eyes up the whole time and push themselves to dribble the basketballs as hard and as fast as they can.
- Instead of having a coach running along with the player, you can do this basketball dribbling drill with two players who each have two basketballs.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start on the baseline with two basketballs, and the partner will start even with them (the partner could be another player with two basketball).
- The leader will start moving forward, and the player must dribble both basketballs at the same time and move forward at the same pace.
- Now the leader can move in whichever direction they want (in a straight line), and the ball handler must try to mimic them.
- This will continue until the player reaches the opposite baseline.
I want to sign up for the membership but I have a quick question. If I sign up, does it charge me $70 right away, or does it take away the $7 every month? Thanks you!
If you sign up for a year membership it will charge you $70 right away, but if you sign up for a monthly membership it will charge you $7 per month.
So I could sign up every month then and pay the $7 each time?
If you sign up for the monthly it will automatically charge you $7 each month until you cancel it. By signing up for the yearly though you save $14 because it gives you two free months.