A lot of basketball big men struggle with their footwork and are prone to traveling in the post. This basketball workout is great for helping big guys on being able to stay light on their feet and be ready to move quickly in any direction.
This basketball footwork drill is not only for big men, though. It is a great drill for any position to work on because every position has different moves that they need to do to involve having good footwork. Whether it is shooting, finishing at the basket, etc., having good footwork is key.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Foot Ups Around the World Footwork Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Foot Ups Footwork Basketball Drill
- Foot Ups Forward and Backwards Footwork Basketball Drill
- Foot Ups Side to Side Footwork Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve foot speed and develop great footwork.
- Try to stay light on your feet, and don’t let your heels touch the floor.
- Keep trying to go faster but maintain good footwork.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with your right foot up on the ball.
- Take your right foot off of the ball and at the same time put your left foot on the ball.
- Continue alternating your feet on the ball as quickly as you can and as you do rotate around the basketball to the right.
- Go for 15-30 seconds and then go left around the basketball for the same amount of time.
- You can mix up your speeds or go full speed the whole time.
- The player can either change up the speeds themselves, or the coach can call out jog or sprint to let the players know how fast to go.