Forward lunge jumps help you practice jumping from a low stance, and then really help to work on explosiveness. Being able to jump high has a lot to do with having the right jumping technique; it is not just about strength.
When you jump, you want to be able to use your entire body and really load up before you jump. This vertical jump basketball drill will help you learn the correct jumping technique and give you plenty of repetitions to work on the movement.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Forward Lunge Jumps
Equipment Needed: None
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve Jumping, quickness, Footwork
- Concentrate on landing under control and balanced
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Beginning from a lunge position, drive off both legs jumping as high and as far forward as you can, landing in a lunge position.
- Advance the drill by alternating legs when you land.
- Further, advance the drill by performing a double switch in the air.