For this two ball basketball dribbling drill, you will train your mind to do two different things at the same time. One ball will be dribbled high and the other low. This will develop your ball handling and make your mind work. The goal is to be able to train your mind to think while you are dribbling the basketball. That way, when you are in a game, you will be able to dribble the basketball without having to look down or think about it, which will allow you to read the defense, run offense, etc.
Like most basketball dribbling drills, this drill is only good if you dribble both basketballs as hard and fast as you can. You have to push yourself and challenge your handles. Basketball drills like this are all about getting out of your comfort zone and pushing yourself to have quicker hands and more ball control.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: High Low Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Alternating Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Circle Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and finger control.
- Dribble the basketballs as hard and fast as you can.
- Stay low and keep your eyes up.
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or losing the ball; it is actually encouraged.
- You want to be going so fast and so hard that you lose the ball from time to time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Dribble both basketballs at the same time.
- With your right hand, you will dribble the ball as low to the ground as you can.
- With your left hand, pound dribble the ball about 3 feet high off the ground each time.
- Continue for about 30 seconds and then alternate which hand does what.