Combo moves are a great way to breakdown a defender in man-to-man defense; if used the right way. The reason that they work so well is because they use the defender’s aggressiveness against themselves. The first move will get the defender to shift over to cut off the move, but that is exactly what the offensive player wants because they will use a second move to go back the other way.
This basketball drill will specifically work on the in and out between the legs move, but it is also going to help improve the player’s overall handles. It will help the player get a lot of repetitions quickly, which will help them master the move so that they can use it in a live game situation.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: In and Out Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: One basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- In and Out Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In and Out Double Crossover Stationary Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In and Out Double Between the Legs Stationary Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Develop ball-handling skills and work on the in and out between the legs combo move.
- Stay low and in an athletic stance the whole time, don’t raise up on the move.
- Really do your best to push yourself to go as fast as you can during the drill.
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or losing the ball; it is part of doing basketball dribbling drills like this.
- Stay light on your feet during the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start with the basketball in their right hand.
- When the drill starts, they will do an in and out dribble and then immediately dribble the basketball between their legs to their other hand.
- Without any stationary dribbles in between, the player will repeat the move with the opposite hand.
- Continue this back and forth for the desired amount of time, usually 30-40 seconds.