The in & out crossover basketball dribbling drill is a combo move drill, and to make this move work in a game, you really need to make sure that you are selling the move. This is a combo move, and the goal is to get the defender to jump to cut off the in and out move, which will allow the player to cross back over and attack and get past the defender.
This is one of the better basketball dribbling drills to work on developing quick hands as well. When doing this basketball drill, you want to push yourself as hard as you can, don’t worry about making a mistake or losing the basketball. Practicing your ball handling this way during your basketball training will promote maximum development. When you get into a game situation and slow down to normal speed, you will be more comfortable handling the ball.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: In and Out Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- In and Out Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Between the Legs Behind the Back Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Between the Legs Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve ball handling and hand speed
- Visualize your defender in front of you and use changes of speed during the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Get into an athletic dribbling stance.
- Make an in and out move with your right hand and then immediately crossover to your left hand.
- Now do the same move with your left hand.
- Alternate hands back and forth.