This stationary one ball basketball dribbling drill will work on the in and out reverse between the legs combo move, but it is not only going to work on a specific move. It is also going to help the player develop quick hands, as well as soft hands. Combo moves are great for getting past a defender because they use the player’s defense against themselves. The in and out move will bait the defender into sliding over to cut off the move, but as soon as this happens, the player will quickly go back reverse between their legs and attack the other direction.
A player must be able to make multiple moves in a row to help breakdown the defender. This will allow them to get an angle to drive past the defender. Basketball drills like this are great because they allow the player to get a lot of repetitions at a specific move in a short period of time. This is important for the player’s ability to be able to master a move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: In and Out Reverse Between the Legs Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: One basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- In and Out Crossover Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In and Out Double Crossover Stationary Basketball Dribbling Drill
- In and Out Double Between the Legs Stationary Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the in and out reverse between the legs combo move and improve overall ball handling.
- Stay low in athletic stance the whole time, and handle the basketball as quickly as you can.
- Don’t worry about making a mistake or losing control of the basketball.
- You should be going as hard as you can and getting out of your comfort zone when doing this basketball dribbling drill.
- Stay light and quick on your feet as you do the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start with the basketball in their right hand, and when the drill starts, they will make an in and out move followed directly by a reverse between the legs move (shift your feet as you make the move).
- The player will immediately go into the same move with the other hand.
- Continue back and forth for 30 seconds.