Making basketball dribbling moves without looking down becomes more important and necessary the older you get. If you are looking down while you are dribbling the ball, you can’t read the defense, and you won’t be able to see if a teammate is open.
Start early with basketball drills that will help develop and train you to keep your eyes up while you dribble the ball. Tennis ball basketball dribbling drills are a great tool for working on this, and this drill will specifically work on the in and out move.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: In and Out Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: A basketball and a tennis ball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Pound Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Windshield Wiper Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and ball control.
- Keep your head up.
- Toss the tennis ball straight up in the air.
- Pound the basketball on each dribble.
- Stay low during the drill.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand in an athletic position with a tennis ball in one hand and a basketball in the other hand.
- Make in and out move with basketball while throwing the tennis ball in the air.
- Catch tennis ball with the same hand while continuing to do in and out move with basketball.
- Repeat the action for 30 seconds to a minute, and then switch hands.