This is a great basketball ball handling drill to help warm up your hands and get you ready for a game or practice. It also works on your ball control and helps to develop finger strength. Becoming a great ball-handler takes time and hard work, but it is also something that you continually have to do to stay good. This basketball drill will allow you to refresh on a lot of different dribbling drills in a short period of time and can be done pretty much anywhere.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: In the Box Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Windshield Wiper Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Side Windshield Wiper Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Alternating Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Warm-up your hands, improve ball handling, build up finger strength, and improve ball control.
- Stay in a low athletic stance as you dribble the basketball.
- Don’t leave the imaginary box that you are in.
- Keep your eyes up and push yourself to go fast on the dribbles.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- You will do several moves in a row without a break, and you will do 20 reps of each move.
- Start with crossovers, then side windshield wipers (right and left hand), behind the back, between the legs (right leg forward and left leg forward), and lastly, in and out (right and left hand).
- This completes one cycle; you can go through it again or stop at one cycle.