This is a great basketball ball handling drill to work on your dribbling skills and work on your hands in general. It is a great basketball drill for even non-ball handlers because it will help soften your hands and make you better at catching the ball.
The kill the grass drill only works though if you go your absolute hardest and don’t worry about messing up. You have to push yourself to get the results. The idea is that you pound the basketball so hard and so fast that if you were on a field, you would kill all the grass around you. That is the image that you need to have in your mind when doing this stationary one ball basketball dribbling drill.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Kill the Grass Basketball Dribbling Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Weak Hand Kill the Grass Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Wall Tennis Ball Toss Rhythm Basketball Dribbling Drill
- Alternating Pound Two Ball Basketball Dribbling Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on dribbling and improve your hands.
- Don’t use the same move twice in a row, and be creative with your moves.
- Keep your eyes up and stay low in a dribbling stance the whole time.
- Mix your speeds up when doing the moves.
- Don’t be afraid to mess up and lose the ball.
- If you do, then just run after it and start right where you pick up the ball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Take a basketball and give yourself about 5 feet of space.
- Begin dribbling the basketball as hard and as fast as you can.
- Do any move that you want and be creative.
- Continue dribbling the basketball for 20-30 seconds and the rest.