The kill the grass between the legs basketball scoring drill is designed to help the player work on their ball-handling and scoring off the dribble. If the player is not a good ball-handler, they will struggle to get into their shot off of the dribble.
This basketball drill will make sure that the player is really working on their ball handling before going into their shot. It is also a different feel coming into your shot off of the dribble, compared to catching and shooting. This basketball shooting drill will help you develop the muscle memory and mechanics for shooting off of the dribble.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Kill the Grass Between the Legs Scoring Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a rebounder (optional).
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Kill the Grass Crossovers Scoring Basketball Drill
- Ball Screen Defender Goes Under Shot Basketball Drill
- Andy Enfield 5 Minute Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and then shooting the basketball off of the dribble.
- Keep your eyes up, pound dribble the basketball as hard as you can, and stay in an athletic stance while dribbling.
- Have a strong base when you shoot the shot, and don’t drift or fade away.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start on either wing or the top of the key with the basketball.
- The player will shoot 4 different types of shots during the drill; right/left-handed pound dribble 3 point shot and then right/left hand one dribble mid-range pull up.
- Between each shot, they will take 3-4 between the legs scissor dribbles with the basketball and then take one dribble into their shot.