The kill the grass crossovers basketball scoring drill is a great combination basketball shooting drill to work on your ball handling and work on scoring off the dribble. Being able to score off of the dribble is a completely different feel than catching and shooting a basketball. The player must practice doing the different moves and get the feel of getting into their shot off of the dribble.
It starts with having good handles because if the player can’t handle the ball, they won’t get the space needed to get into their shot. With these types of basketball drills, you will pound the basketball as hard as you can and not worry about losing it because the goal is to make it more difficult than it would be in a game. That way, in a game, the ball is so much easier to handle.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Kill the Grass Crossovers Scoring Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner (optional).
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Number Drill 1 Basketball Combo Move 15 Point Finish
- Ball Screen Defender Goes Under Shot Basketball Drill
- Andy Enfield 5 Minute Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling and scoring off the dribble.
- Dribble the basketball as hard as you can, stay in an athletic stance, and keep your eyes up the whole time.
- On the pull-up shot, make sure that you go somewhere with your dribble.
- Jump straight up and down on your shot and rise up quickly into your shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player is going to start on either wing or the top of the key with the ball.
- They are going to do 5 crossovers back and forth with their feet standing still.
- After the crossovers, they will shoot a pound dribble 3 point shot with their dominant hand.
- They will get the ball back and do 5 stationary crossovers again, but this time, they will finish with one dribble pull up going to the right.
- Lastly, they will do 5 stationary crossovers and then go left for a one-dribble pull-up.
- For this basketball shooting drill, you can go through these 3 shots as many times as you would like and then switch spots on the floor.