This is a great basketball move to use against a really aggressive defender who likes to try and block shots. Once you make a dribble move past your defender and get them on your hip, you can read him and then make your move. The key is staying under control and not letting your momentum carry you when you fake and pivot.
This basketball finishing drill will allow you a ton of quality repetitions at this move and will help you become a better finisher around the basket. Even if you never use this move in a game, these types of basketball drills are still really good for learning how to pivot and stay under control when you drive to the basket.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Rondo Fake Finish Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a chair.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Shot Fake Reverse Pivot Basketball Drill
- Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Fake Spin Pull Up Shot Basketball Drill
- Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Pro Hop Shot Fake Reverse Pivot Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Practice the Kobe Bryant pivot move with the Rondo fake finish and become a better finisher around the basket.
- Make the fake towards the basket, and then get your body all the way around and squared up after you pivot.
- Visualize your defender and practice selling the move.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Put a chair on either wing and have the line of players start with a basketball about 5 feet behind the chair.
- Dribble the basketball at the chair and make any move you want from out to in and drive down the middle of the paint.
- Use the Rondo fake on the opposite side of the basket, pivot around, and then finish.
- Get your own rebound and then get back in line for another rep.