This basketball finishing drill is all about learning how to finish with a defender on your hip. Once you get that defender on your hip, they are at your mercy if you have the right moves to finish around the basket. You must maintain control of your body momentum as you drive to the basket.
Probably the most important key to the pivot series is having good footwork. If you don’t have good footwork, you won’t be able to sell your move, and you will most likely travel even if you do. Even if you never use this move in a game, it is still a good basketball drill to work on footwork around the basket and learning how to pivot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Shot Fake Reverse Pivot Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a chair.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Rondo Fake Finish Basketball Drill
- Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Fake Spin Pull Up Shot Basketball Drill
- Kobe Bryant Pivot Series Pro Hop Shot Fake Reverse Pivot Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Learn how to pivot around the basket and score out of the pivot move.
- If you have to slow down and walk through the move at first to make sure that you don’t travel, that is okay.
- Visualize your defender and really sell the shot fake when you do the move.
- After you reverse pivot, you must jump off both feet simultaneously, or it will be a travel.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Set up a chair on either wing and have the player start with the basketball 5-6 feet behind the chair.
- The player will dribble at the chair and make any move that they want to the outside.
- When they get to the block, they will shot fake, reverse pivot back to the middle, and then finish off two feet.