When you closeout on defense, you need to get low, break down, and be ready to move laterally in either direction. This basketball workout is meant to help you work on your footwork and give you reps at breaking down your steps and then moving laterally. Being able to slow down and stop quickly is an important part of the game, and this basketball quickness and speed drill will help you learn how to do this.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: L (Corner) Drill
Equipment Needed: 3 Cones.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Sprint full speed and change direction quickly and under control.
- Break down and open up your hips at each cone
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place 3 cones about 10 yards apart from each other in an “L” shape making a 90-degree angle.
- The player will start at one end of the cones, sprint on a straight line to the center cone, break down and change directions on the outside of the cone.
- Next, the player will sprint to the other cone circling it from the inside, then come back to the middle cone, break down and change directions on the outside of the cone and then sprint through the cone they started on.