In a game, you may need to go from a sprint to a lateral slide to a backpedal, etc. Your body needs to be able to adjust and change directions quickly. This basketball workout is designed to simulate some of the different direction changes you will go through in a game.
The goal with any basketball workout should be to work on specific movements that the player will use during the course of a game. That is why this such a good basketball quickness and speed workout to do.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Ladder Cone Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 10 Cones
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Mirror Change Direction Basketball Drill
- Partner Chase Basketball Drill
- Man in the Middle Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve agility, footwork, and quickness
- Be light on your feet and keep your hips square.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Arrange cones in a staircase fashion (i.e., 5yds up, 5yds over, etc.).
- Sprint to the first cone, shuffle to the adjacent cone.
- Continue to the end of the drill.
- You can include a basketball to increase the difficulty.
- You can turn this drill into a back peddle, shuffle as well.