This catch and shoot basketball shooting drill will allow the player to get a lot of shots up in a short period of time. It is also a good basketball drill for warming up and working on a player’s basketball shooting form because the drill will start in close shooting at the block and then work out all the way to the 3 point line.
Also, there is difficulty added to the basketball shooting drill because there is a time limit and a certain number of shots that the player must make before the time runs out. This will help the player to learn mental toughness while they are working on their shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Lanes Lines Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Miss 6 Mid Range Basketball Shooting Drill
- Reggie Miller 3 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
- Sideline to Elbow Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on your basketball shooting fundamentals, get warmed-up, and get up a lot of shots in a short period of time.
- Shoot the same way every time and stay in your shot until you make or miss, don’t run off to the next spot early.
- Don’t dip the ball before you shoot it and only focus on one shot at a time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The shooter will start on either lane line block facing the basket, and the rebounder/passer will be under the basket with the ball.
- The shooter will go back and forth between the lanes lines and alternate which side he/she shoots from each time.
- They must make 5 shots from the block, first hash mark, second hash mare, elbows, 18 feet, and then 3 pointers (estimate the lane line).
- However, they only have 3 minutes to make 5 shots from each of the 6 spots.
*To adjust the difficulty of the drill, you can change the number of makes from each spot or the time allotted.