There are many ways to get warmed up before working out or playing a game, but if you are going to spend time warming up, you might as well work on your game as you do. This catch and shoot basketball shooting drill is great for warming up your body and also your shot. It is a great refresher for good shooting mechanics and coming into your shot the correct way.
Notice in this basketball training video that the player shoots the basketball the same way every time. The reason that he does this is to help build muscle memory. That way, when he gets into a game situation shot, he doesn’t have to think about his shooting motion; his body just takes over and does what it was trained to do. You should be practicing your shot the same way in all of the different basketball shooting drills you do.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Lane Lines Touch Backboard Shooting Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Lane Lines Basketball Shooting Drill
- Lane Lines Touch Shooting Basketball Drill
- Touch Shots Curl Shooting Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Warm-up and work on your basketball shooting touch.
- Stay in your shot until you make or miss it, don’t run off to the next shot prematurely.
- Shoot the same way every time and really focus on proper basketball shooter mechanics.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The shooter will shoot from 4 different spots on the lane line; block, 2nd hash, 3rd hash, and the elbow.
- They will alternate which lane line they shoot from each shot as well.
- To beat the drill, they must make 5 shots from each spot, starting with the block and moving out.
- They only have 2 minutes to complete the 20 makes as well.