This is one of the better basketball shooting drills to develop your touch and help with warming up before a workout or a game. The lane lines touch shooting drill will allow the player to get up a lot of close-range shots in a short period of time. When doing this catch and shoot basketball shooting drill, the player must focus on shooting with the correct form and technique because this drill is all about cementing in proper shooting mechanics.
Watch this basketball training video and notice how the player stays balanced in his shot and shoots with a nice soft touch. Every shot is valuable, and the players must learn to value each shot. Don’t just shoot the basketball to shoot it; focus and try to make every single shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Lane Lines Touch Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Lane Lines Basketball Shooting Drill
- Sideline to Elbow Basketball Shooting Drill
- Touch Shots Curl Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Warm-up and work on your shooting touch.
- Shoot the basketball the same way every time.
- Practice good basketball shooting fundamentals and stay in your shot until you make or miss.
- Put arc on your shot and hold your follow-through.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start on either lane line block, shoot, and then run across to the opposite block and shoot again.
- This will continue back and forth until they make 5 shots.
- Once they make 5 shots, they will go to the next hash and repeat.
- The player will shoot from a total of 4 different spots on the lane lines; block, 2nd hash, 3rd hash, and elbows.
- They must make 5 spots from each spot for a total of 20 makes, and they must do it under 2 minutes.