Working on your shot, you will never fully simulate game pressure, but creating shooting situations that put pressure on the shooter will help improve the shooter’s ability to make shots under pressure and stay mentally tough.
This is a catch and shoot basketball shooting drill that will allow the shooter to get up a lot of shots in a short period of time and really work on developing great mechanics and muscle memory. The time component and the number of makes in a row will also help the player stay mentally engaged and learn to shoot under pressure. Basketball drills like this are critical for helping shooters deal with pressure and for allowing quality repetitions when shooting a large number of shots at a time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Make 2 Before You Miss 1 Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-2 basketballs and 1-2 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Double or Nothing Basketball Shooting Drill
- 2 Minute Magic Basketball Shooting Drill (5 Shot)
- Field Goal Percentage Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on shooting and develop mental toughness as a shooter.
- Lock in on great shooting form and technique for every shot; be down ready, attack your footwork, and stay in your shot until you make or miss.
- Focus on one shot at a time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start in the corner, the rebounder will be by the basket, and the passer will be at the top of the key.
- For this basketball shooting drill, the player must make two in a row from 7 different spots around the arc; corner, wing, slot, top of the key, opposite slot, opposite wing, and opposite corner.
- He/she will only advance to the next spot after they have made 2 in a row.
- However, if the shooter misses a shot, they must go back a spot (unless already in the starting corner).
- The shooter must make it all the way around in under 2 minutes to beat the drill.
- To make this basketball drill easier, you can make it only 5 spots; corner, wing, top of the key, opposite wing, and opposite corner.