Partner basketball shooting drills are a great way to get up a lot of shots in a short period of time and with multiple players going at the same time. For this particular basketball shooting drill, you are going to work on the mid-range freeze fake shot. This is a great shot to either get the defender off their feet or gauge whether they will fully closeout or not.
To develop confidence in a specific type of shot, it takes the right technique and countless repetitions to develop the correct muscle memory. Partner shooting drills are great to use in practice or basketball training because they allow for a lot of quality shots in a short period of time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Mid Range Freeze Fake Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 basketballs and 2-4 players.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Get a lot of reps at the mid-range freeze fake shot.
- Be down ready for the shot before the basketball gets there.
- Jump straight up and down on the shot and hold your follow-through.
- Don’t bring the basketball back down after the freeze fake.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- This basketball drill can be done with 2-4 players at each hoop.
- You are always going to have one less basketball then player per group.
- How the drill works is, after a player shoots the basketball, they are going to run down their rebound, pass the basketball to the open player, and then get ready for their next shot somewhere else on the floor.
- For this drill, you will catch the basketball anywhere in the mid-range area and shoot a freeze fake shot.
- You can go for a desired amount of time, a set number of group makes, or the first individual to make a certain amount of shots.