The jab step move shot that this basketball shooting drill is going to focus on is an excellent move to use if you know how to sell it and then execute the move the right way. This move allows you to be efficient with your movements and scoring because you don’t even have to put the ball on the ground to get a quality shot. Basketball drills like this are great because they allow you to get a lot of reps at a particular type of shot, which will help you to master the move that you are working on.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Mid Range Jab Step Shot Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 Basketballs and 1-3 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Mid Range Freeze Fake Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
- Mid Range Bad Pass Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
- Mid Range on the Move Bad Pass Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on the mid-range jab step shot.
- Each group is going to have one less basketball than group members.
- Make sure that you don’t travel and really focus on trying to sell your jab set.
- Visualize the defender in front of you and make sure that you are jabbing forward and not laterally.
- Change up your pace on the jab.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- One player will start with the basketball, and the other will be ready to shoot in the mid-range area.
- The player with the ball is going to make a pass with their weak hand to the shooter.
- Now the shooter is going to make a jab step and then shoot the ball.
- After shooting the basketball, they will track down the ball and make a weak hand pass to the next open shooter.
- Once they make the pass, they will get back out and get ready for their next shot.
- This triple threat basketball shooting drill can go for a certain time, a number of shots, or a number of makes.
** If there are more than 2 players, just hit the open shooter after getting the rebound.