Being able to shoot under pressure is a different feeling than just shooting with nothing on the line. That is why it is important to mix in pressure basketball shooting drills to your workouts. These types of basketball drills will help simulate some of the pressure you might feel in a game when you take a big shot.
For this catch and shoot basketball shooting drill, you will be working on your mid-range shot, and while you do, you will have some pressure on you to not miss two consecutive shots in a row. This shooting drill will help you work on your shot and also your mental toughness.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Mid Range Make 2 Miss 2 Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs and 2 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Three-Point Make 2 Miss 2 Pressure Basketball Shooting Drill
- Mid Range Make 2 Miss 1 Pressure Basketball Shooting Drill
- Beat the Pro Shot Fake 1 Dribble Pull Up Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Learn to hit shots while under pressure.
- The only important shot is the next one; have a short memory on misses.
- Shoot the basketball the same way every time, practice good shooting mechanics.
- Be mentally tough if you miss a couple of shots in a row.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The shooter must make 2 mid-range shots in a row from each of the five spots (corners, top of the key, and wings) in under 2 minutes to win the drill.
- However, if they miss 2 shots in a row, they go back to the previous spot (unless in the starting corner).
- The Player will start in either corner and go all the way around the arc to the other corner to finish the drill.