You will not always get a perfect pass right into your shooting pocket for a shot in a basketball game. This basketball shooting drill will simulate being on the move and getting a bad pass. It will work on how to gather the basketball and still turn it into a quality shot.
Partner shooting basketball drills are great because they allow you to get a lot of repetitions at the same shot in a short period of time, and this basketball drill is no different. Each of the shooters will be able to take advantage of this catch and shoot basketball drill and get plenty of quality repetitions at catching a bad pass and still turning it into a high percentage shot.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Mid Range on the Move Bad Pass Partner Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1-3 basketballs and 2-4 players.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on gathering in a bad pass and still getting a good shot out of it.
- Adjust your body behind the basketball as it is coming towards you.
- Gather the bad pass into your body and still be able to get into your shot the right way.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- You can do this drill in groups of 2, 3, or 4, and you will always have one less basketball than people in the group.
- What you are going to do is shoot the basketball in the mid-range, get your own rebound, and make a pass to the open man.
- There are two things you must do for this drill.
- If you are the shooter, you must be moving before you receive the pass for the shot.
- If you are the passer, you must throw a slightly bad pass so that the shooter has to adjust behind it.
- All passes should be thrown with your weak hand.
- Continue the drill for a set amount of time, have the group make a set number of shots, or have the individuals make a set number of shots.