This basketball workout is just another way to help improve your starting speed. Just as a sprinter starts down in the blocks, mountain climbers give you that same feel, and in the end, it will cause you to have quicker starts. You want to be able to go from a dead stop into your sprint motion as fast and efficiently as you can, and this basketball speed and agility drill will help you to be able to do that.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Mountain Climber Start Speed Training Drill
Equipment Needed: none.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Mountain Climber Start Speed Training Drill (Variation)
- Rolling Starts Speed Training Drill
- Mat Dive Speed Training Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve starting speed
- Don’t arch your back, stay low, explode straight out.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with your hands on the ground in a push-up position and bring your right or left knee up to your chest.
- When the coach says, go or on your own command, shoot out and sprint down the court.