The shot fake one dribble pull-up shot is a pretty common move, but most players do not use it often enough or well enough. This basketball drill will help you work on the mechanics of doing the move and work on your footwork.
Most mistakes in a game happen when a player starts to get tired and isn’t as sharp. By making the player move around the chair, you are working on conditioning and teaching the player to do the move while they are tired. As they go through this basketball shooting drill, this will help teach them to stay mentally strong, even though their bodies might start to get fatigued.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Movement Shot Fake 1 Dribble Pull Up Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs, a chair, and 2 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Movement Jab Step Go Opposite Basketball Shooting Drill
- Backpedal Shot Fake 1 Dribble Pull Up Basketball Shooting Drill
- Movement 3 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Practice the shot fake one dribble pull up move, work on footwork, and develop conditioning.
- Keep your head up on the dribble after the shot fake.
- Sell your shot fake and cover ground on the one dribble.
- Stay in your shot to see if it goes in or not before backpedaling for the next shot.
- Make sure that you do not travel.
- The wider that you make the player go around the chair, the more conditioning it will be.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place a chair just outside the 3 point line anywhere around the arc.
- Have the player start on either side of the chair.
- They will step in, catch the basketball, shot fake, take one dribble towards the basket, and then shoot a pull up shot.
- After shooting the basketball, they will backpedal around the chair and come out the other side and do the same thing.
- Have them continue back and forth for the desired amount of time, shots, or makes.