Plyometrics are a great way to develop and improve your vertical. The idea behind this basketball workout is to use the force of your own body landing on the ground before jumping to make the jump more difficult and build your legs even stronger.
If you are not working on improving your athleticism as a player, you will be behind the competition in today’s game. This vertical jump basketball drill is really going to help build explosiveness in the player’s legs and train them to jump higher.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Multiple Depth Jumps Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: Boxes
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on vertical and explosiveness
- Maintain athletic position in order to change direction and complete each jump
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Standing on top of a plyo-box, drop to the side onto the floor and immediately jump up as high as you can.
- Advance this drill by immediately jumping back onto the box.
- Further, advance this drill by jumping onto another plyometric box.
- You may use another box of lesser, equal, or greater height to adjust the difficulty.
- Align several boxes in a row to maximize difficulty.
- Adjust the order of heights to randomize the drill.