As a ball-handler going through traffic, you may be asked to do multiple basketball dribbling moves right in a row to get past the defense. The number basketball drill will help you dribble through traffic and still be able to think as you do.
This basketball drill will also help you improve your shooting and teach you how to still shoot the right way even when you are tired. It will help you set your defender up and use different cuts and down screens to get your shot off.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Number Drill 1 Basketball Combo Move 15 Point Finish
Equipment Needed: 1-2 basketballs, 5 chairs, and 1-2 partners.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Ray Allen Straight Cut Shooting Drill
- Ray Allen Curl Cut Shooting Drill
- Number Drill 1 Basketball Single Move 15 Point Finish
Goals of the Drill
- Learn how to make multiple moves in a row.
- Work on conditioning, shooting, and mental toughness.
- Stay low when you dribble and be creative with your moves at each chair.
- Keep your eyes up during the drill, and stay mentally engaged.
- Visualize the defender and set him/her up before each shot.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place 4 chairs just inside the 3 point line in the shape of a box and then place another chair in the middle of the box.
- Number the chairs 1-5, starting with the first chair to the left when standing under the basket and going all the way around to the center chair, which is number 5.
- The player will make a combo move at chair 1 and then dribble to the next chair and do another move.
- Once the player gets all the way around to chair number 5, the partner/coach will start calling out the number of the chair that the player must dribble to and make a combo move.
- After 30-60 seconds, the coach will say finish, and the player must make a layup.
- Now the player is going to use the 5 different chairs as different types of off-ball screens.
- To complete this basketball shooting drill, the player must score a total of 15 points (2’s and 3’s)