Train yourself to be able to dribble a basketball well and be able to think, read the defense, etc. This ball handling basketball drill will help you work on all of that. Many players can dribble the basketball, but only the really good point guards can dribble the basketball, read the defense, and then run the offense.
This basketball drill forces the player to think while you are dribbling, and it puts pressure on them to do it quickly, even when fatigued.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Number Drill 2 Basketballs Combo Move
Equipment Needed: 2 Basketballs, 5 chairs, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 2 Ball Bounce Drill Double Between the Legs
- Crossovers Walking Dribbling Drill
- 2 Ball Bounce Drill Between the Legs/Behind the Back
Goals of the Drill
- Learn to think while dribbling the basketball and when you are fatigued.
- Stay mentally sharp even when you start to get tired.
- Keep your eyes up and be creative with your moves at each chair.
- Don’t use the same moves twice in a row.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place 4 chairs in the shape of a box all about 10-15 feet apart, and then place the 5th chair in the center.
- You will number the chairs 1-5, starting with the chair in the left corner and going all the way around clockwise (the center chair is number 5).
- The player is going to start at chair number 1 with a basketball in each hand.
- He/she will dribble the basketballs to each chair in order and make a combo move at each chair.
- Once the player reaches chair 5, the coach will begin to call out random chair numbers, and the player must quickly go to that chair and make a combo move.
- Continue for 30-60 seconds.