The combo move tennis ball number basketball drill works on ball handling, hand-eye coordination, and thinking while dribbling the basketball. Great ball handlers in basketball are not just able to make different dribbling moves; they can also run the offense and read the defense at the same time. Practice being able to think and multitask while dribbling the ball with this basketball drill.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Number Drill Tennis Ball Toss Combo Move
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball, 1 tennis ball, 5 chairs, a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Work on ball handling as well as being able to think while dribbling the basketball.
- Be creative with your moves, and try not to use the same move twice in a row.
- Stay low in an athletic stance the whole time.
- Keep your dribble low and tight to your body.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Place 4 chairs in the shape of a box all about 12 feet apart, then place another chair in the middle of the square.
- Number the chairs 1-5, starting with the chair on the left and going all the way around (the center chair is number 5).
- The player will start at chair number 1 with a basketball in one hand and a tennis ball in the other.
- They will toss the tennis ball up in the air, make any combo move with the basketball, and catch the tennis ball.
- Next, they will dribble to the next chair and repeat till you get all the way to chair number 5.
- Once you reach the last chair, the coach/partner will start calling out the next number you need to go to.
- Continue the drill for 30-60 seconds, and then the coach will end the drill by saying finish.