The bounce pass off of the dribble basketball passing drill is a great drill for point guards to work on their passing skills off of the dribble. You will use this type of pass if a teammate pops open or back cuts. You may not be able to pick the ball up and take your time on the pass. This only leaves the option of making a one-hand push pass off of the dribble.
This pass can be turnover prone if you do not use it the right way or have not mastered it. Learn the correct way to do an off the dribble bounce pass basketball drill by watching this video. This basketball training video will show you some expert teaching points on making this type of pass along with teaching a great basketball passing drill. Also, along with this drill working on passing, it has a ball-handling component as well, so it doubles as a basketball dribbling drill.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Off of the Dribble Bounce Pass Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and a partner or a wall.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
Goals of the Drill
- Improve passing, technique, and court vision.
- Don’t scoop the ball when you pass it.
- Stay in an athletic stance while you are doing the drill, don’t raise up.
- If you don’t have a partner, you can use a wall to make the pass against.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Stand with a basketball facing your partner about 10-12 feet away.
- Get down in an athletic stance and take 3 dribbles with your right hand.
- Without bringing your left hand to the ball, make a bounce pass to your partner and try to hit them right in their shooting pocket.
- The other player will receive the ball and then repeat the same 3 dribble pass motion.
- Continue this back and forth for 30 seconds and then switch to the left hand.