Rebounding in basketball is probably one of the most under-emphasized skills of the game. This does not mean that it is not valuable. The out of area catch minute finish rebounding basketball drill trains your body to react quickly to an offensive rebound and then finish around the rim.
Become a great rebounder and finisher around the basket with this basketball rebounding drill. If you want to become good or even great at something, you have to be willing to spend the needed time working on it. After watching this basketball training video and learning the drill, it is up to you to get in the gym and work on becoming a great rebounder.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Out of Area Catch Minute Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and 1 partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Tip Dunk Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Reverse Reaction Basketball Rebounding Drill
- 5 Spot Offensive Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on rebounding out of area and finishing around the basket.
- React as quickly as you can to the basketball and grab it with both hands.
- Use different finishes when finishing around the basket.
- Push yourself to be explosive and get up off the ground.
- Fight through the fatigue.
- If you catch the basketball high, keep it high when finishing.
- If the basketball is too far out from the basket, you can use a power dribble.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will stand right in front of the rim, and the coach/partner is going to stand with the basketball under the hoop.
- When the drill starts, the coach can toss the basketball anywhere around the basket within about 8 feet.
- The player must locate the basketball, catch it, and then score it by dunking it or using the backboard.
- After every made basket, the coach will grab the basketball and toss it out again.
- This basketball post move drill will go for one minute, but every time the player misses a putback, you will add 10 seconds to the drill.