This is an expert basketball shooting drill that will help you work on your shot, but it will really help you work on your mental strength when shooting the basketball. This basketball drill will work on the mental side of shooting so much because the shooter will have to make 5 shots in a row to move onto the next spot. When you get to the 4th and 5th make in a row, the pressure really begins to build.
This drill is named the Parker Smith basketball shooting drill because Parker was a basketball player at the University of North Florida and was one of the top 3 point shooters in the country. This is a catch and shoot basketball shooting drill that he regularly to help him become a better shooter. Once you start hitting 5 shots in a row or even more, your mind starts to believe that it isn’t that big of a deal, and that transfers into the game.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Parker Smith Basketball Shooting Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 basketball and 1 partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 50 Makes Basketball Shooting Drill
- 3 Minute 90 Point Basketball Shooting Drill
- Beat the Pro Mid Range Basketball Shooting Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Practice your shooting and learn to shoot under pressure.
- Shoot the basketball the same way every time, and trust in your shot.
- Stay mentally tough and focus only on the shot you are shooting, not anything else.
- Don’t just shoot the ball up at the rim but shoot to make the shot every time.
- Be down ready before the ball gets to you and stay in your shot until it misses or makes, don’t run off to the next spot early.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The shooter must make 5 shots in a row from 7 different locations around the arc and in this order; corner, lower wing, upper wing, top of the key, opposite upper wing, opposite lower wing, and opposite corner.