Partner tennis ball basketball drills work on ball handling, eye-hand coordination, and teamwork, all in the same basketball drill. This is a great drill for trying to work out your entire team or are in a camp setting. Big men should do this drill because it will help develop soft hands and a good touch.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Partner Tennis Ball Toss Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 tennis balls, 2 basketballs, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss/Bounce Basketball Drill
- Pound Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Build teamwork and communication, develop soft hands and a good touch, and improve basketball dribbling skills.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time.
- Focus on a good toss and a good catch.
- Stay low in an athletic position and don’t raise up.
- Pound the basketball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Start with one player having a basketball in their right hand and the other player with it in their left hand.
- The tennis balls are in their opposite hands.
- Stand about 8-10 feet apart from each other and get into an athletic stance.
- Both players will start dribbling a basketball and toss the tennis balls back and forth as fast as possible (while under control).
- Go for about 30 seconds and then change which hand dribbles the basketball.