Partner tennis ball dribbling drills are a great way to work on ball handling, hand-eye coordination, and communication. In a game, it is important to handle the basketball without having to look down and handle it while being able to think and read the defense. Challenge yourself to become a better dribbler with this basketball drill. This is a great drill to add to your basketball training or practice time.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Partner Tennis Ball Toss Behind the Back Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 basketballs, 2 tennis balls, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Crossover Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Become a better ball handler and improve your hands.
- Keep your eyes up the whole time, stay low in an athletic stance, and focus on a good toss each time.
- Do the move as quickly as you can so that you can catch the incoming tennis ball.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Have both players stand facing each other about 8 feet apart.
- Each player will have a basketball in their right hand and a tennis ball in their left.
- They will begin to dribble the basketballs simultaneously and then toss the tennis balls across to each other.
- While the tennis balls are in the air, both players will dribble the basketball behind their back and then catch the tennis ball with the hand that just had the basketball.
- Continue this back and forth as quickly as you can for 30-60 seconds.