Being a great ball-handler requires you to dribble the basketball without having to think about it and to be able to keep your head up so you can see the floor. Partner tennis ball basketball drills will work on your ball handling as well as improving your hands. The goal is to make this basketball dribbling drill more difficult than when you are actually in a basketball game.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 2 tennis balls, 2 basketballs, and a partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- 3 Dribble Partner Tennis Ball Toss Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Partner Tennis Ball Toss/Bounce Between the Legs Basketball Drill
- Between the Legs Toss Tennis Ball Basketball Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Improve your eye-hand coordination as well as your ball handling.
- Be able to dribble a basketball without looking down or having to think about it.
- Focus on a good toss, stay low, and in an athletic position.
- Keep your eyes up and try to go as quickly as you can.
- Pound the basketball as hard as you can.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- Face your partner and stand about 8-10 feet apart.
- Basketballs in the players’ right hands and tennis balls in the left hands.
- Get down in an athletic position and begin dribbling the basketballs.
- The players will toss the tennis ball across to their partner, and while the tennis ball is up in the air, they are going to cross the ball between their legs.
- They will always throw the tennis ball to the player’s hand that has the basketball in it.
- Continue the tossing back and forth as quickly as possible.
- For this basketball drill, you can go for 30-60 seconds or a certain number of catches.