Going from guarding the post to immediately boxing out and getting the rebound once the shot goes up is not always the easiest thing to do. This basketball drill was designed to work on just that, though. To maximize your time, you will also work on finishing around the basket as well, once you get the rebound. You will also be working on your footwork and conditioning with this basketball rebounding drill as well.
Basketball Drill Overview
Drill Name: Post Defense Lane Line Slides Rebounding Finish Basketball Drill
Equipment Needed: 1 Basketball and 1 Partner.
Similar Basketball Drills and Resources
- Out of Area Catch Minute Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Reverse Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
- Superman Pivot Finish Basketball Rebounding Drill
Goals of the Drill
- Work on guarding the post, rebounding, and finishing around the basket.
- Fight through fatigue and practice good habits.
- Keep the basketball high and try to finish off the backboard every time.
Basketball Drill Instructions
- The player will start on the block with his/her back facing the paint, and the partner/coach will have the basketball at the free-throw line.
- When the drill starts, the player is going to start sliding up and down the lane line in a defensive stance, but whenever the coach shoots the ball up off the rim, they are going to open up to the basket in a box out stance and go track down the rebound.
- They want to get the ball at its highest point, keep it high, and then finish off the backboard.
- If the ball bounces out too far, treat it like an out of area rebound and go track it down.
- Switch lane lines after each finish and continue the drill for a set amount of repetitions.